Home Pagenullnullnull


Floods can do an incredible amount of damage to your home. While other types of weather phenomena are also dangerous in their own right, floods can quickly destroy everything on the ground level of your house. However, many homeowners aren't adequately prepared for the effects of a flood in their neighborhood.


What Is Flood Coverage?

While almost all homeowners own home insurance, this type of insurance doesn't cover any of the damage caused by floods. The most that home insurance will cover is rain damage, but if your home is damaged by nearby bodies of water that have overflowed, your basic insurance plan won't reimburse you for any damage done to your property.

Flood coverage, on the other hand, covers almost all types of damages that can be caused by water entering your home.


What Types of Damage Does This Type of Insurance Cover?

The most well-known type of flood coverage is provided by the NFIP. This federally regulated program provides a home policy that covers your building property for up to $250,000 and a personal property policy that covers your possessions for up to $100,000.

Some of the types of damage that this kind of insurance covers include damage to your home or foundation, damage to your plumbing and electrical systems, and damage to your HVAC system. This type of insurance also covers damage to personal items such as clothes, electronics, curtains, freezers, and works of art. Some items, such as precious metals, cash, and swimming pools, are not covered.


Where Do You Buy Flood Coverage?

Flood coverage can be purchased from any home insurance agency. When you sit down with your insurance agency, be sure to discuss any other measures that you can take to protect your home from damage. While it may be impossible to entirely keep flood waters from coming into your home, there may be preventive measures that you can take to lessen the extent of the damage incurred in the event of a flood.

Whether or not flood coverage is required by law in your area, purchasing this type of property protection can help give you peace of mind when water levels rise.

For any more questions, you may have, please contact us at the Della Porta Group

Share |

No Comments

Post a Comment
Required (Not Displayed)

All comments are moderated and stripped of HTML.
Submission Validation
Change the CAPTCHA codeSpeak the CAPTCHA code
Enter the Validation Code from above.
NOTICE: This blog and website are made available by the publisher for educational and informational purposes only. It is not be used as a substitute for competent insurance, legal, or tax advice from a licensed professional in your state. By using this blog site you understand that there is no broker client relationship between you and the blog and website publisher.
Blog Archive
  • 2019
  • 2018
  • 2017
  • 2014

View Mobile Version
7807 Baymeadows Road E, Suite 301 | Jacksonville, FL 32256 | 904.646.1143