Auto Insurance Jacksonville
Car insurance is a legal requirement in Florida and elsewhere. Auto insurance in Jacksonville is designed to protect you from financial harm if you are involved in an accident. If you drive without insurance you could be ticketed or your driving privileges revoked. Driving with too little coverage can have serious consequences because you may not be able to pay for the damages if you are at fault for an accident.
Types of Auto Insurance in Jacksonville
There are a variety of different types of insurance options that you should include in your policy for auto insurance in Jacksonville. Property insurance pays for damages to your vehicle or theft of your car. Liability coverage pays for the injuries to others caused by an accident for which you are responsible. Medical coverage provides payment for injury treatment and rehabilitation costs and it may also pay for lost wages and funeral costs in some cases.
The types and coverage limits of your insurance are important in determining the premiums. If you lease your vehicle you must ensure that you select the specific types of insurance that the lender requests. This is important because you don’t want to end up without the proper insurance if you have an accident.
It is helpful to understand the types of insurance options that are available.
- Property Damage Liability covers damages to another vehicle and is generally mandatory in most states.
- Bodily Injury Liability covers medical expenses and other payments if someone is injured or dies due to an accident.
- Uninsured Motorist is coverage that protects you against other drivers who are uninsured or underinsured.
- Medical Payment coverage pays for medical costs for you and your passengers. It is important to choose this coverage if you do not have sufficient medical coverage through any other means.
- Collision Coverage provides payment to repair your own vehicle and also may provide you with a rental vehicle while your car is being fixed. This type of insurance has a deductible.
- Comprehensive insurance pays for damages due to theft and acts of nature, fire and vandalism and is subject to a deductible.
Tips for Choosing Auto Insurance in Jacksonville
Choosing auto insurance in Jacksonville can be confusing. It is important to purchase enough coverage to protect you and your family in case of an accident. The coverage generally provides a limit per occurrence and per person. The higher the coverage the better protected you will be in case of a claim.
Some types of coverage are not necessary in all cases. For example, if you drive an older automobile it may not be cost effective to carry collision since it only pays for the current value of your car. However, some types of insurance are essential to protect you from potential financial problems in case of a claim. It is helpful to discuss the various insurance options with an experienced insurance agent to decide on the coverage that is best in your particular case. Contact us today to obtain a quote for car insurance.